A bit of blogger fun... The Liebster Award
It is a blog award designed to promote small bloggers like moi! You get tagged in a post then you do your own post and nominate other lovely bloggers.
The rules are:
Write a blog post giving 11 random facts about yourself, answering the 11 questions posed by your nominator, posing your own set of 11 questions and then nominating 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers to answer them. Let them know you've tagged them so the fun can start all over again, but they can't tag you back.
Random facts about me:
1. My family is EVERYTHING to me.
2. Dorothy Gale was right - There's no place like home.
3. When I was a little girl, I wanted to grow up and be just like Wonder Woman or Olivia Newton-John.
4. I don't like fiction. I prefer to read non-fiction books or to watch documentaries.
5. I am currently studying Communication and Media.
6. I love the smell of rain after a hot day.
7. I have a fear of flying and thunderstorms.
8. My favourite fashion decade is the 1950s. I am also fond of the early 60s.
9. My favourite season is autumn. I am not a fan of summer. The heat in Australia in the summertime is unbearable. Autumn is just perfect.
10. I know how to communicate with hearing impaired people using Auslan (Australian Sign Language). Not fluently, but enough to get by.
11. I bite my nails.
11 things about me...
Who inspires your style?
Hair: Bettie Page - I just love Bettie Bangs.
Fashion: Audrey Hepburn. Rizzo from Grease - her pencil skirts. Alexa Chung. My grandmothers peep toe shoes from the 40s. Deborah Harry.
What city do you love most or most want to visit?
I am from Sydney, Australia. I love my city but I would love to visit a place called Niklashausen.
Niklashausen is in the German municipality of Werbach, located in the federal state of Baden-Württemberg at the border to Bavaria, Germany.
Why did you start blogging?
It's my creative outlet. I love pretty things and keeping a record of my likes, and sometimes dislikes.
What is your guilty pleasure?
I love shopping, especially getting a bargain! Op shopping and finding a treasure is pretty wonderful.
What is the best invention of all time and why?
Computers. I think it's fantastic that we can communicate so quickly and easily with anyone, anywhere in the world. Plus, it's handy to finding out information on just about any subject.
What was the last book you read?
My Life at Grey Gardens: 13 Months and Beyond.
What three things make you most happy?
My family, especially my darling son - he's my number one favourite person in the world. I love him so much.
Serenity makes me happy. No sadness, suffering, stress or sickness.
What is your number one style or beauty tip?
What movie makes you cry?
I avoid sad movies. I don't like to watch anything that is going to make me cry but the movies that have made me cry are: E.T., Beaches.
Any words of wisdom?
Live one day at a time. It was one of my grandmothers sayings. Whenever I feel overwhelmed, I think of these words and it usually makes me relax.
What would you add to my 31 little things to feel good list?
Pick some gardenias when they are blooming and pop them into a small vase. They are such a pretty flower and their scent is so beautiful.
This is only a bit of fun, if you'd like to join in, let me know when you've posted! Feel free to bend the rules to suit you, as I'm intrigued as to how we can change this mystery award on it's journey!
My nominated bloggers are:
Tractor Girl Makes
Lucy Violet Vintage
Mums Simply Living Blog
Gracefully Vintage Kayla
Vintage Bird Girl
My questions are:
1. Who were your heroes growing up?
2. Favourite vintage fashion look?
3. What are your hopes and dreams for 2013?
4. What do you do to relax and unwind?
5. The most beautiful city in the world?
6. Favourite movie?
7. What television program did like the most when you were younger?
8. Bad habits?
9. What languages do you speak?
10. Favourite artists?
11. Your proudest moment?